Monday, September 10, 2012

Falling for Blue


I crossed the site while I was doing my initial research for our Coron trip in November. That was last week. I forgot though which site was it where I saw the map. And it's a letter A- (or was it A? Already forgot). It has obviously more blues than I have.


I got a C. Pretty modest I think (or so I think because, until now, I just can't move on with the thought of how soon could I color it blue...haha).
Although I don't understand what the C could really mean, illustratively, I could see how scattered my trips are. I have a couple each in Visayas and Mindanao, and a few in Luzon. I almost colored the entire Bicol Region (it would have been disappointing if I hadn't). Only because it's my hometown and it was easier to say, do an overnight stay in Caramoan (which I just did during this year's holy week break), a couple of field trips in Tiwi hot springs, Cagsawa Ruins and Mayon Volcano (which was years back in elementary and high school) and more than a handful of required trips to Metro Naga (where I went to a university). 
But I must admit though that I have yet to explore this magayon na lugar (beautiful place). Maybe because I was born there that the feeling of urgency to go around is not as strong. Yes I have colored a substantial part of Bicol but the truth is...

I still haven't been to CamsurWatersportsComplex (CWC) and it's just about 40 minutes from our place. I've been to Pili Provincial Capitol, where the CWC is located, but then again, not in the park itself. I haven't been in Donsol, Sorsogon to swim with the whale sharks, in Catanduanes to see its clean, white beaches or in CamNorte's Calaguas island. I still haven't witnessed the famous rodeo festival in Masbate. And though I have been to the foot of Mayon and photographed it several times, I have yet to climb it, see it at a different angle; and what better way to do it than visiting the Mayon view deck. These and a longer list including a nature adventure in Mt. Isarog (CamSur) and Lignon Hill (Albay) or a taste of luxury in Misibis Bay is hoped to be accomplished soon.

And of course, all the others in the map...will be visited one at a time. The challenge is up. Oh! It gives me headache! Haha.
I will update this end of next year with the hope of obvious improvement...I pray for more blues.
I am a C traveler!

Bravo to the maker of this app, Eugene Alvin Villar. The site's url is http://forge.codedgraphic.com/lakbayan/  . And it's worth the try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...