Thursday, September 13, 2012

Crazy (now) for Climbs

Rei, one of my closest friend called during lunch and shared a news of seeing a good discount in Metrodeal for a day tour at Mt. Pinatubo. In the first few minutes, I couldn't break the enthusiasm just yet...allowing her to savor it a little more, and them boom! I dropped the bomb --- "Rei, I've been there!" "You did?", she said laughing. But I could also imagine how a little disappointed she must have been. I assured her though, that if everybody (roomies) goes, then it's okay with me. Going back to Pinatubo is not a problem and it would be really nice. I just didn't expect it to be this soon. But one of our friend, Novs has been to Pinatubo as well and because she rated 12 in a rating of 1-10 in terms of difficulty and fatigue, she swore she wouldn't do it again. And it didn't change until now.

I suggested a Taal trek instead but she gave even better ideas. It occupied my thoughts then. She suggested Mt. Pulag, Mt. Pico de Loro and Mt. Isarog. Brilliant! This shall be our own top 3 must-climb mountains in the Philippines. At least those that we know, are reasonable climbs based on what little skills we have in mountaineering. I hope we could do at least one, if not all...I've seen some of these in pinoymountaineer.com, a hiking and mountaineering guide/ blog authored by Gideon Lasco. I hope I'd be able to take one of my own too - soon!


 
In my searches, I also came across the title: Top 5 Must-Climb Mountains in the Philippines from www.geosocphil.org.ph, maintained by The Geological Society of the Philippines. The article lists the following: Mount Pico de Loro in Cavite, Mount Daguldol in Batangas, Mount Pinatubo in Zambales, Mount Ugu in Benguet and Mount Pulag in Benguet. Proud to say I've completed one climb already!

We didn't come to a conclusion today because we weren't able to talk to the others - Mars and Edge. We'll see in the next days, maybe weeks or months...even a year. Oh I hope it wouldn't be a long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...